Friday, 6 May 2016

DIY Rainbow Highlighter (without Eyeshadow)


Everyone and their dog has gone nuts for Rainbow Highlighter. Since the BitterLaceBeauty version suddenly exploded across Instagram and then Youtube. 
It's easy to see why too, it's gorgeous, and fun.


Of course, with any popular item on the internet, there is now also an influx of DIY versions. 
Most of these involve smashing up eyeshadows and re-pressing them into a single pan. But I thought I'd make my own, from scratch, just like the eyeshadows I made last week. 





I started out by mixing each individual color separately. (I'm using shot glasses)
Mica Powder, Alchohol, Glycerin, mixed into a paste.

Scoop the paste into the pan you want the Highlighter to be in,
(I'm using an empty Illamasqua compact)


Just like with the eyeshadows, once the Alcohol has evaporated, press it with a flat object wrapped in paper tissue.
Then leave it to set for 24 Hours!

I even had enough left over to make a few multi-colour eyeshadows.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...