Wednesday, 25 May 2011

My Lolita Bedroom


Last November I made a post about planning to re-decorate my living space in a way that was more 'me', more gothic, more lolita, more Elegant.

"Gothic Lolita Interior Decor"

I'm very pleased to say it's finally done! So here are some photos and descriptions of what I did and where these things were found, to help inspire some of you out there who are also looking into personalising their space in a similar manner.

Here, you can see my books and dolls. Most of my books are at my parent's house, the ones along this desk and bookcase are just my favourites. Even if you're not a big reader, some antique or old style books can be a lovely decorative accessory. Their big chunky covers, often elabourately decorated and that nice old-book smell. Whats not to love?

I found using my hats as decorations both approprtae and practical. They're right there, on-hand for when you want to put one on and they look very elegant too.

A bit of shameless brandwhoring here maybe, but this is the bag my dream dress Vampire Forest arrived in, and is actually a beautiful design of my favourite brand's logo.
Next, my dressing table and mirror area. The mirror itself has a beautiful vintage frame that I based the whole look of my room around.
You could probably find similar ones in antique or charity shops, but mine was a gift from my grandparents when I was very little and has a special charm to me for that.


(complete with Alice and Mad Hatter chess peice figures)
My collection of perfume bottles has come from various places. The small, bejewelled ones at the front were gifts from family and friends. The pink spray bottle and other decorative bottles have come from small shops in the city or ebay.
The doll you can see there is the My Mellody Pullip <3


Here's a shot of my bed, so you can see how the curtain falls next to it. To make that, I just went to a fabric store and chose the material I liked best for my room, and pinned it up with thumb-tacks to the ceiling. Easy peasy!
And every day I can wake up to a princessly curtain over my bed <3
The Absinthe Robette poster was purchased on ebay. It is one of my favourite peices of art from that area and I was determined to find a poster of it for my new room!

This is where I keep my necklaces, to prevent them getting tangled, cards, notes, things I need to remember and postcards. The Notice Board. It's not very Loli by design, but does it's job perfectly!
To spruce it up a little (and cover the nail in the wall) I put up the blood-splattered tulips from halloween above it.


These fake flowers were just bought from a supermarket. Real flowers can be a pest once they die, or if your pets are likely to knock over the water vase, or if someone in the house has hayfever. All of these apply to me, so I choose fake flowers.

I hope you gleaned some inspiration from all that! Or at least, enjoyed having a nosey around my room :P
Overall, I'm very happy with it but still intend to add more details and will no doubt re-arrange things in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I love your dressing table with all the pretties on it. These pictures are quite inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! I love the look of your bedroom, it's definitely elegant! I have always wanted to show mine off, but it's always so cluttered XD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...