Sunday, 6 February 2011

Shiro Gothic

The notion of shirololita (lolita entirely in white) has popped up again recently, in leu of the Old School revival. Something that heartened me, as shiro lolita was the first style I really loved. In fact, my first ever lolita outfit was entirely Shiro.
Infact, here's a picture of it:
Photobucket
(SkyBluePink, age 17, 2006.............My First Co-ordinate)

At the time I was very much inspired specifically by this image of the JRock band "BLOOD":


Mostly because it was something different to me. I'd never seen gothic clothes in white before, and absolutely loved it. It was so angelic, and still suitied my gothic sensebilities.



Shiro Punk? Or something. At the time, New Rock boots company had released limited edition white, patent boots. I spent many an hour online until I forund a pair for auction on Ebay.
And you know what? That was my first ever ebay purchase!


Since then I've gathered photos of gothic/shiro pieces and outfits and felt like showing you some of my favourites.

OP from Antique Beast
Co-ordinate from Putumayo
Angelic Pretty's "puppet circus" in White.

5 comments:

  1. Despite being AP, Puppet Circus always screams GOTH! at me, I must have it some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were rockin it quite a long time ago! hehe

    I love shiro and its angelic-ness, but I also like shiro with gothic elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolute love the white gothic look. <3 I've been playing around with the idea for years, and if I manage to get all I want, I'll have a shiro goth lolita outfit for summer! *praaaaays* ... By the way. WANT Gabriel's pants in Constantine! Think it every time I watch the movie XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is inspirational! I LOVE shiro gothic as much as kuro gothic (that's saying something!), so I'm glad I'm not alone. XD Thanks for posting all these pictures. I may have to check out that Jrock band.
    Shiro punk would be awesome. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are awesome photos! makes me want to try them too! :)) thanks for sharing! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...