Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Tokyo

This weekend I made the epic jouney to Tokyo to see Andrew, who was visiting japan. I very nearly didn't go, because the walk to the bus the bus to the train and the train to tokyo seemed like a very stressful journey for a two-night stay in tokyo. My better judgement decided that it was worth it! And it absolutely was.
On Sunday we went to Akihabara in the morning, and Harajuku in the afternoon. We met outside Gamers in Akiba, mostly becuase it's easy to spot. It's so easy to spend all day shopping! And I must say, I picked some fantastical things for a lot less money that I'd expected. Yatta! I felt quite star-struck by all the familiar names and brands in harajuku, I could have spent all week shopping if I could have (and all my money! haha).
We ate fast food with melon soda for pretty much every meal, it was delicious.
On monday morning we went to Ikebukuro for more shopping and PURIKURA. The purikura place was women-only or men-only-if-accompanied-buy-a-woman. So we had to stick together. This particular purikura place had costumes you could borrow for free, just to wear while you take the photos. Who could resist such madness?!

I was there for two nights and stayed in a capsule hotel, I've read about capsule hotels before and sort of had an idea of what to expect which I'm glad of! It was a fun experience.
Photobucket
..yeah! Keep out, man. :p
Photobucket
HANGRY outside LaForet in harajuku.
Photobucket
And my train back home was rather special...
Photobucket
Special Pokemon Shinkansen! Awesome.

3 comments:

  1. How was the capsule hotel? We nearly stayed in one when we visited Tokyo in April, but changed our mines at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was fun, but it would have been pretty much impossible if I'd had any more luggage than a weekend bag. There is nowhere to organize your things or whathaveyou so you'd have to prepare everything before going to the hotel. I was lucky because I only had one small bag that could fit in the locker and I didn't have to organize things in a suitcase or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably just as well we didnt go then! I had bags and bags of unorganised shopping which would have made things a bit difficult xD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...