Sunday, 23 August 2009

My House

Way back when I first arrived, I took some photos of my new place with the intention of posting them here to show the world what my new house looked like. (or to show people what rural japanese accomodation is like, whichever way sounds most interesting!).
But the photos were bleak, my house had no furniture, all my things were on the floor;

No shelves in that cupoard. No pillow. The bus and recycling scedule on the floor in the corner there.

The floor is just like a really big desk.. right? right?! Oh, and that TV doesn't work.

Anyway, this is what the place looked like for the first month. But then, I got paid! I bought a table from Fumiko-san's shop. And some kindly friends from Kuji knew a guy who had left and had left spare shelves and stuff fot the use of a new person! With these things, my new place is starting to look a little better;


My fabulous kotatsu. There's a pillow on the bed! And there's shelves in the cupboard holding my books.


The broken TV is still there, but it's a bedside table now. My notices are up on the wall! And there's more shelves (you can never have too many shelves).

The other room (through the screen doors there...) is the Kitchen;


My little gas burner and sink and cupboards combo.. there's a small bathroom and toilet room  just off to the side aswell.
and that's the whole set up. It's small, but it's more than enough for just me!

3 comments:

  1. Tina, Tina, Tina I LIKE YOUR HAUS!!!

    That will be all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this house shallow and pedantic, yes, shallow and pedantic :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all goes well with the searching of further jobs. I like the look of the room, nice and simple.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...