Friday, 17 July 2009

While we wait...

So, after such a whirlwind weekend I had a week to kill where I didn't have a phone, internet or the documents with which to get these things. I took lots of unnessicarry photos.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="550" caption="breakfast"]breakfast[/caption]

First thing's first, breakfast! I don'always have onigiri for breakfast, but when i do it's always the Okaka one in the yellow label. Because it's tasty. Much better than the bitter purple one I had before xP

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="562" caption="kunohe card"]kunohe card[/caption]

This is a Kunohe points card. That little samurai is like the mascot for Kunohe village, he's on everything. The little star on that card means I bought something in the supermarket. But this card works in all the shops local to Kunohe! And once it's full of stars, I can use it as 500 yen.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="441" caption="Fanta grape"]Fanta grape[/caption]

BEHOLD.. the holy grail of the soft drink world. Fanta cider is a close second mindyou, but grape is the best.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="442" caption="Mr Snail"]Mr Snail[/caption]

It IS rainy season, and every second day or so there's a half hour of pelting rain and then it goes away again. Mysteriously. During one such episode, this little dude came to visit me. No wonder people think gaijin are odd... I don't know what I'd make of someone taking a photo of a snail in the rain back home!

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="456" caption="dinner time"]dinner time[/caption]

I've spent a lot of time sitting at that window ledge. Here you see my dinner, my diary and a glass of tea. This dinner was special because Motoko-san brought spare food up here to myself and hiroko-san. Isn't she sweet?!
I took an extra photo of the gyoza, because they were impressive and made me think of Bry. (maybe I'll get Motoko to teach me to cook, then I can make the same gyoza for him?)

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="442" caption="Gyozilla"]Gyozilla[/caption]

Gyozilla! For bry.

During that week I went to Ebun's one evening to use his internet, because he, like everyone else in Iwate, is a gem.

I taught my first class on the wednesday evening! It was nerve wracking, and made me quite ill the next day, but I do soldier on :p Ultimately, it was quite fun really.

I also went to English club in Karumai and met Janine. And was invited to yamada for the weekend for a two-day stint Cabin Party at the beach.
Oh yes, said I, oh yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...