Friday, 17 July 2009

The first weekend.

Hiroko came to my rescue yet again on saturday morning, and toom me shopping in Ninohe! Really, she just had to get some shopping, but she let me go with her and I appreciated it fully. We went on a small detour to the softbank shop and Hiroko-san picked up some information for me to chew over untill I was to go back and buy my phone. We went to all the main shops in the area; Yakuodo, Jois, All Book One (with mr donuts's attached!). And some smaller shops.
On the way back, she drove the bus-route home to show me where to get the bus.
I fell asleep in the afteroon, as I always did the first little while.
And soon it was time to go out! Motoko-san, Fumiko-san, Hayato-san and Ebun-san had invited me the night before to go to a bar in Ninohe. I was exceited, and had great fun! I met some other ALTs, danced a lot, and generally had a good night. We took a taxi back to Kunohe and I crashed at Motoko's house, because my apartment was just.. too far and too empty and she insisted. This taxi service included a person to drive her car home behind us in the taxi. Handy or what?
The next morning I was in zombie-mode again, Motoko is a great cook, but I was misplaced and exausted and I couldn't eat. We watched dragonball on TV at 9. Then we pottered about all morning in her fantatical old fashioned house, watching TV, sitting at the kotatsu and such. She also lent me some CDs, which was lovely! I borrowed a japanese T-Rex tribute CD out of curiosity and because that's something I absolutely had to let mum know existed. (and it's not too bad either :p). We were going somewhere! So I got washed and changed, and scampered back out to the car. And off we went! A magical mystery tour!
We went to lake Towada, walked along the river and saw the waterfalls. It was amazing. Just, amazing. We had a lovely lunch in a nearby hotel restraunt, which I actually managed to eat because I was feeling wholly better. and we chatted about simple things as I did my best in broken japanese.
It was just such an unexpected, wonderful day.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="416" caption="towada painter"]towada painter[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="418" caption="rocky falls"]rocky falls[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="600" caption="fave falls"]fave falls[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...